My sense of shame, if it even exists, is smaller than my dog.

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Oh. My. God.

Hey readers!

So it's no secret that I love history - particularly from the Renaissance era. While there's a wealth of books, articles, and documentaries on the subject available at your local library, I must admit - I was stunned to find this blog today - never before have all the most important aspects of their art come together in such an amazing way....Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, ugly Renaissance babies: http://uglyrenaissancebabies.tumblr.com/
This is a blog full of Renaissance art with babies in it. They basically all look like tiny adults, grossly out of proportion. This was just the way they drew, at the time it was cutting edge. However, to me, today, it is inspirational, and as far as new trends go is JCETW (just crazy enough to work).

I'm totally getting one of my baby pictures painted, and they will alter me to look a Renaissance baby! So chic! This tacky family photo rebirth is totally the new "tousist-y posing as people from the old west with prop guns, bottles of whiskey, and black and white film". You know what I'm talking about! In the near future, be prepared to appear pleasant as relatives show you their Renaissance baby photo remakes!
I'll be sure to post mine once it's done!
Will you be taking part in the Renaissance baby photo art trend?

XOXO, Nashville

No comments:

Post a Comment